How to process a Legal Name Change at UAMS

Human Resources

We require documentation of name changes in order to update your legal name in our system.  The name in our system must match that on your Social Security card.

If your name has changed, perhaps due to marriage or divorce, you must first apply for a new Social Security card at or 1-800-772-1210.

After you receive your card, or if you have a receipt that shows you applied for a replacement card (receipt must display your social security number, previous name and new name), bring it to our office, located on the 4th floor of the Central Building, wing 4C.  If you work off campus and and cannot visit our office, fill out this form and fax it along with a copy of your new Social Security card.  The fax number is listed on the form.

If you are in TIAA, you must also send documentation of your name change to them via this form.

Do you go by a nickname other than your legal first name?   If so, you can provide that information by logging into Employee Self Service.  Select Personal Information, Personal Data, Edit, then enter your nickname in the ‘Known as’ box.

For information on how to request an updated ID badge, click here.


Computing Access

After Human Resources has changed your legal name, and if you wish to change your name for computer system access (including UAMS network log-in), contact IT Technical Support Center at:

phone:  501-686-8555
online form:

NOTE: If you chose to change your computer access name, this will include UAMS network login.  Changing your network login will also change your login to SAP, Employee Self Service, & any other application that utilizes your network login for authentication.

All applications you currently have permissions to use like Epic, HUGS, or My Compass, where your name or a subset of your name is your login ID, will also change.