Benefit Forms

New employees will complete their initial benefit enrollment forms online via My Compass.   But if you are making a benefit change, you will need to complete paper enrollment forms (see below).  You may deliver completed forms to our office on 4C of the Central Building, or fax to 501.686.5386 with a fax cover sheet.  Keep the original and fax confirmation for your files.  You can also scan your completed forms and email to us at If emailing, we recommend you send forms only from an internal UAMS email address so your document is secure.

If you don’t see the benefit form you need, contact Human Resources at (501) 686-5650.

How to verify your benefit change has been approved and keyed into SAP

1. Log into Employee Self Service.
2. Click on Benefits, then Benefits Participation Overview.
3. The Participation Overview as of date at the top defaults to today.  Change it to a future date – the date your change should take effect – to see the change.
4. Click on each Plan Name to view more details, such as the annual FSA amount and employer premium costs.
5. Benefits Participation Overview only shows the benefits you have.  To view a list of all benefits, including those you don’t have (a helpful tool for open enrollment), select UAMS Benefits Statement. Check out the total compensation information here to see the value of  your UAMS-paid benefits.

Benefit Enrollment Forms

FOR NEW EMPLOYEES ONLYNew Employee Benefit Form
This form is rarely used, as new employees complete their benefits enrollment online via My Compass.  


FOR CURRENT EMPLOYEES:   Benefits Change Request Form  
For employees hired more than a month ago.  Explain the reason for your mid-year change request; documentation may be required.  Click here to see qualifying events.  Note that not all events allow for changes to specific benefits.

Also fill out the Dependent Verification for Insurance Coverage Form if you are covering any family members on your insurance.

Also fill out the following vendor form for each plan in which you are requesting to enroll in or make a change to:
Do not use these forms for open enrollment.

Medical Enrollment form
Tobacco Pledgeall new medical enrollees must complete the tobacco pledge.
HSA form (only for those enrolled in Health Savings Medical Plan)
Dental enrollment form
Vision enrollment form
Flexible Spending Account enrollment form (only for mid-year qualifying events; annual open enrollment will be offered online)

Other Benefit Forms


UMR medical claim form if you didn’t have your insurance card and paid out of pocket
MedImpact prescription claim form if you didn’t have your insurance card and paid out of pocket
UMR Forms website to give a spouse or others access to your medical claims
Weight Loss Physician Attestation Form
Weight Loss Reimbursement Form


Life beneficiary change, AD&D change, drop or reduce Optional Life or Dependent Life coverage form
Apply for Optional Life or Dependent Life online  if you are past your first 31 days of eligibility; or fill out this form online, print and mail to Standard.
Conversion application form; Portability application form  to convert to a private policy within 31 days of losing coverage as an employee

Contact Human Resources first before filing one of these claims:
Claim – Life
Claim-Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Claim-Accelerated Life to access a portion of your life insurance now if diagnosed with a terminal illness
Claim-Waiver of Premium (contact our office about this form; only needed if employee is not eligible for Long Term Disability)


Drop Optional Long Term Disability or Optional Short Term Disability Form (or enroll if you are within your first month of eligibility)
Claim – Long Term Disability
 – ask for help from Human Resources to complete this claim
Short Term Disability claims are filed by phone, 1-888-641-7194
Application to convert to an individual Long Term Disability policy when your coverage as an employee ends (sorry, no option to continue Short Term Disability)

Flexible Spending Accounts

UMR website for FSA claim forms
UMR FSA direct deposit form

Pre-Tax Premium Conversion

Premium Conversion form to change taxation of Medical/Dental/Vision

Critical Illness

Form to drop coverage the end of the month or to make changes due to a qualified life event (documentation required).

UA Retirement Plan

Form to change your retirement contribution – only for employees eligible for the match.  Send us the front page, you keep the back Acknowledgements.  If you are not eligible for the University match, i.e. ,because you are in a temporary, student or resident position, or because you are enrolled in APERS or ARTRS, fill out the unmatched form instead.

Form to report other employer retirement contributions in 2020.   Fill this out if you might exceed the IRS limit on your combined contributions.

Form to withdraw retirement within 32 days of leaving – we cannot sign off on your retirement distribution request without this form

TIAA online enrollment instructions  
TIAA name change form
TIAA online beneficiary change instructions
TIAA transfer  (rollover another account to TIAA)

Fidelity online enrollment instructions
Fidelity online beneficiary change instructions
Fidelity direct transfer

Tuition Discount

Apply online for employee/spouse/child tuition discount